Thursday, June 24, 2010

Been taking the "whimpy way out"?

OK - so I have been looking back at several blogs that I have had in past years and have come to feel pretty disappointed in myself for taking the easy way out on blogging by making this an almost entirely photo blog. Although I do dearly love taking and posting photos from my beloved BlackBerry, it definitely could be construed as a less than optimal way to connect with possible readers and create content that piques interest and starts conversations. I HAVE been able to rationalize this process however as a suitable substitute for writing about what I am doing, as it is about as unbiased as it could possibly be...pretty much "I am here", "I see this". The day-to-day stuff is probably not nearly as engaging or exciting, unless I were to win the lottery or something (and I would be a moron to write about it on a blog!) The days come and go, melting one into the other, but in a few precious moments every now and then, I see something that makes me smile or go "OH, my!" and brings me back to the moment, stopping the ever-quickening passage of time.

So, from time to time I think I will probably feel guilty enough to post a regular blog article about something if it really seems important to me, otherwise my BB will do the talkin' for me, and you will be able to go where I go, as long as there is cell service or a free Wifi spot.

till later -

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand."

v

No comments: